Dining at Back Inn Time
Dinner is served by Reservation Only. Let our chef prepare you a decadent meal served in either the formal dining room, the café area, or on the balmy deck overlooking the gardens. Due to popular demand, beginning in April we will again feature "Music & More" nights in our Carriage Barn. Fantastic musicians and terrific foods prepared with local and organic ingredients, freshly, on-site. Be sure to inquire when making your reservation.
NEW! Now you can order our most popular salad dressings and pestos online and have them shipped to your door.
We have catering packages to fit any budget. Whether you’re interested in a cocktail hour event, brunch, an afternoon tea, or sit down meal for any occasion, we will customize your menu selections and personally assist you in hosting a splendid event.
Below are just a few of our most requested appetizers, entrees, and desserts.
- Vermont Cheese & Fruit Plate
- French Onion Soup
- Generous Escargot with herbs
- Shrimp Cocktail
- Spinach & Artichoke Dip
- Stuffed Mushroom Caps
- Crab-stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- Grilled Bison Medallion with Herbs de Provence
- Chicken Marsala with Nutty & Wild Pilaf
- Seared Sea Scallops with Butter Pesto
- Grilled Sausage & Vegetable Medley with Fine Pasta
- Grass-fed Beef Tenderloin Filet
- Grilled Swordfish with Asian Spice
- Black Bean Pasta with Curry Primavera
- Bête Noire (Richly decadent, flourless chocolate cake)
- 14 Karat Cake (Simply the best carrot cake you’ve ever tasted.)
- Embellished Berry Shortcake
- Chocolate Espresso Pot de Creme
- Luscious Lemon-Lime Custard
Great food, really interesting space, comfortable beds!—I was in town for a meeting and picked this place a bit randomly. It turned out to be awesome! The beds were so comfortable, the building is really interesting and a nice oasis, and the breakfast was outstanding. KarenMarie uses fresh local ingredients that are top quality and she is a fabulous cook. I would definitely stay here again.
—Tara K, Rutland, VT (April 2014)